Saturday, October 22, 2011

DGBS Weekends 10/22-10/23/11

Good morning! Today we have a smattering of new stuff, along with a healthy dose of great stuff from the archives. Of particular note in the 'new stuff department', we have the comedy classic Blazing Saddles, followed by one of my all-time favorite movies, The Toy, with Richard Pryor and Jackie Gleason.

And, later on around midnight, we have The Return Of Captain Invincible. Just being a superhero movie with Alan Arkin and Christopher Lee wasn't weird enough - they had to go and make it a musical!

In other news - I've set up a Facebook page for myself recently, and if you'd like to keep updated on DGBS goings on, feel free to friend request me (I'm listed under "Doughy Guy" - for some reason they don't like compound names). I don't really know what I plan on doing with the page, exactly, but I figure I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Enjoy!

  1. Thunderbirds.City Of Fire.nsv
  2. MASK.Counter Clockwise Caper.nsv
  3. MASK.Secret Of The Andes.nsv
  4. You Cant Do That On Television.Friends.nsv
  5. Thunderbirds.The Mighty Atom.nsv
  6. MASK.Blackout.nsv
  7. MASK.Lost Riches Of Rio.nsv
  8. You Cant Do That On Television.ESP Magic Astrology.nsv
  9. Thunderbirds.Vault Of Death.nsv
  10. MASK.Currency Conspiracy.nsv
  11. MASK.Caesars Sword.nsv
  12. You Cant Do That On Television.Hobbies.nsv
  13. MXC.Real Monsters vs Product Mascots.nsv
  14. The Blob.1958.Part1.nsv
  15. The Blob.1958.Part2.nsv
  16. The Private Eyes.1980.Part1.nsv
  17. The Private Eyes.1980.Part2.nsv
  18. Blazing Saddles.1974.Part1.nsv
  19. Blazing Saddles.1974.Part2.nsv
  20. The Toy.1982.Part1.nsv
  21. The Toy.1982.Part2.nsv
  22. Armed And Dangerous.1986.Part1.nsv
  23. Armed And Dangerous.1986.Part2.nsv
  24. Schlock.1978.Part1.nsv
  25. Schlock.1978.Part2.nsv
  26. The Return Of Captain Invincible.1983.Part1.nsv
  27. The Return Of Captain Invincible.1983.Part2.nsv
  28. Barracuda.1978.Part1.nsv
  29. Barracuda.1978.Part2.nsv
  30. Starflight One.1983.Part1.nsv
  31. Starflight One.1983.Part2.nsv
  32. Starflight One.1983.Part3.nsv
  33. Cannibal Girls.1973.Part1.nsv
  34. Cannibal Girls.1973.Part2.nsv
  35. Attack of the Crab Monsters.1957.Part1.nsv
  36. Attack of the Crab Monsters.1957.Part2.nsv
  37. Battle Beyond The Sun.1960.Part1.nsv
  38. Battle Beyond The Sun.1960.Part2.nsv

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately your stream isn't working on ShoutCast. The audio comes through but not the video, it all scrambled looking with just blocks of color.

Anonymous said...

Oh now I see...Yeah just read the fix and VLC works fine...Just one more reason to dump winamp...It keeps getting worse with each upgrade.

DoughyGuy said...

Yeah, I really wish they would do something to fix that... It's been that way ever since the summer, and I've actually been badmouthed on a couple forums because they say "WTF your stream is crap it dont work!1!!", when I'd changed nothing about it since its inception.

But, to be fair, I'm one of the only Shoutcast streams out there using VP3 encoding - just about all of the other ones use VP6 or better. But I started with 3, and whenever I've tried 6 (in various configurations) it's been either slower to encode, results in larger finished files, or actually worse in final quality.

I've been checking in with the forums to hopefully see if they're going to fix it any time soon, but nothing so far.

Look at it this way though - there's only a limited number of people who can watch DGBS at any given time. Back when I started it, the channel would routinely max out, leaving some viewers out in the cold. But, since my loyal viewers know about my blog, or have my email, they're in the Super Secret Club that knows all about how to unscramble the channel, and the channel is now rarely filled to capacity.

Thanks for sticking with me, and have fun!